All CSAI Sweeps sign up to the following code of ethics.
CSIA Code of Ethics
I fully acknowledge that certification by the Chimney Sweeps Association of Ireland (CSAI) carries with it certain responsibilities and obligations which may hold me to a higher standard of performance and professional behavior than applicable laws, rules or regulations. In this regard, I pledge:
• To learn and utilize all chimney and venting safety practices and techniques that are promoted by CSAI.
• To render my services in an honest and fair manner and to refrain from engaging in unfair or deceptive practices or making any unfair or deceptive statements including but not limited to with regard to use of the CSAI logos.
• To comply with all applicable building regulations in the areas I service, with the manufacturer's installation instructions for the products I install and with recognized chimney and venting practices.
• To promote and educate consumers about safe chimney and venting practices.
• To strive to continually update my knowledge, skills, and technique with regard to currently accepted chimney and venting safety practices.
• To conduct myself in a decent, respectful, and professional manner when serving in my capacity as a chimney sweep, or when attending a function or event of an organization in the chimney or hearth products industry.
• To comply with the proper usage of all CSAI Registered Trademarks.
I agree to accept and abide by the CSAI Code of Ethics as a standard in rendering services as a CSAI Certified Chimney Sweep. By agreeing to this Code of Ethics, I understand that it is my responsibility to remain abreast of any changes to the Code of Ethics, that my actions may be reviewed by a committee of my peers, and that failure to abide by these ethical obligations is a violation of CSAI policy and, in accordance with the CSAI Code of Ethics Violation Procedure, may result in disciplinary action by the CSAI or its delegated committee. I agree to hold harmless CSAI and its committees from any and all liability resulting from any disciplinary action taken against me.